Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rat Food

Time Out: Still Awaiting Rats
Activities: Still Awaiting Rats
Treats: Still Awaiting Rats
Currently: Still Awaiting Rats

---------------------------

 People have been talking a lot lately about what they feed their rats, mixes, and blocks. So, after yesterday's emotional blog, I think I'll calm down and just post about what I fed my rats.

Pellets (Not sure the brand) - Nutrition pellets I buy at the pet store. The bag says 2-3 a day so I hand feed them to the rats so they dont fight over the ones in the bowls. I find these give basic nutrients, as well as something to chew.

Healthy Treats - Since the pellets are basic, I give them other flavors and stuff to eat. These have no sugar, fat, or additives. Things like fruit, veggies, baby food, yoggurt, or mashed potatoes. This is every to every other day.

Chew Treats - These are treats that are harder to chew, good for their teeth. These can include pasta noodles, dog treats, or other things.

Protein Treats - I like to give them extra protein once a month, either a chicken bone to share or a boiled egg with the shell still on it.



I know it wasn't a big entry but I was tired after yesterday's, so this is the best I could come up with. Thanks!






Note: As you can see I enabled ads, each time you click one I get a small amount of change that will go towards commissioning art of my rats to post on the blog. Please click the ads and check out the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment